the life of a modern hippy

the life of a modern hippy

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sigma Pi Anti-Formal

Oh what a wonderful weekend that was. First of all I love all the Sigma Pi boys! They are all amazing guys. I'm probably a little partial to them just because I am dating one of them, Travis. Anti-formal? What a strange thing! Well to be honest it was one of the greatest weekends of my life. I had a blast! We all drove up on Friday afternoon. Travis drove my jeep and we got to have a nice little ride together just the two of us, the road, and the radio. I loved every second of it. There were some major storms coming in so at first we weren't sure if we would even be able to go but we managed to miss the storms perfectly and just got a little rain on the way there and right as we got there. Friday night we set up camp and had a little fun just hanging out and cooking hot dogs around the fire. Saturday morning we got up to some slightly chilly weather but all was well. We drove first to Ponca to get out canoes then we set off on an adventure. We put in and there was no looking back. TWe had a nice little group right as we started off that tried to stay together. It was myself and Travis in one canoe and Becky and Bill in the other canoe. We were qute a matchup. After tipping the canoe several times & many bruises later we finally made it to Kyle's Landing which was were our takeout was. Saturday night we drove past Jasper to eat at The Hub which had amazing food! Then we went back to camp and just sat around the camp fire and talked about the day. Life is good when you have good friends, a camp fire, and a body of water close by. I loved anti-formal 2010 and hopefully we will have another float trip really soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment